Last Updated on April 14, 2020
- Information We Collect and Receive
- How We Use the Information We Collect and Receive
- Analytics, Cookies and Other Web Site Technologies
- Information Sharing
- Data Location and Retention
- Your Rights and Choices
- International Data Transfers
- Children’s Privacy
- Changes to this Statement/Contact Us
1. Information We Collect and Receive
We collect several different types of information, including:
Customer Account and Registration Data: This includes information you provide to create your account with us or register, and may include, first and last name, email, valid email address, date of birth, gendre, address, payment infromation such as payment service provider choice of payment method and basis, your PayPal Id and associated transaction reference numbers / IDs, Gift Card preferrence, and preferred shopping country and language.
Service Data (including Session and Usage data):
When you visit our websites, use our Chrome extension and use our Services, we receive information either voluntarily entered by you or others (for example, stores, coupons and their information, etc.), or passively logged by the website or Service itself, (for example, duration of session, connection information, browser information, etc.). We may also collect usage and log data about how the Services are accessed and used, including information about the device you are using to access the Services, IP addresses, location information, language settings, what operating system you are using, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data to help us support and improve upon the Services. Our Chrome extension also reports the visited URLs on your Chrome browser to check if we can provide KashBack on the visied website.
Third Party Data: We may receive information about you from other sources, including publicly available databases or from third parties from whom we have purchased data, and combine this data with information we already have about you. We may also receive information from other affiliated companies and stores. This third-party data is obtained for our legitimate business interests and helps us to update, expand and analyze our records, identify new prospects for marketing, and provide products and services that may be of interest to you.
Location Information: We collect your location-based information for the purpose of providing and supporting the Service and for fraud prevention and security monitoring. If you wish to opt-out of the collection and use of your collection information, you may do so by disabling location services on your mobile device.
Device Information: When you use our online and mobile Services, we may automatically collect information about the type of device you use, for example, the operating system version or the internet browser version.
2. How We Use the Information We Collect and Receive
KeepKash may access and use the data we collect as necessary: (a) to provide and operate Services; (b) to address and respond to service, security, and customer support issues; (c) to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, unlawful, or technical issues; (d) as required by law; (e) to fulfill our contracts; (f) to improve and enhance the Services; and/or (g) to provide analysis or valuable information back to our customers and users.
Some specific examples of how we use the information:
- Create and adminiter your account
- Send you a completed purchase confirmation
- Facilitate and improve your shopping trips to stores
- Asses the needs of your usage of the services KeepKash provides
- Send you service updates, marketing communication and service information
- Respond to customer inquiries and support requests
- Display content based upon your interests
- analyza data, including throug automated systems and machine learning to improve our services and/or your experience
- Congratulate you when you receive KashBack
- Chrome extension sends the visited domains to our servers to check if we could provide KashBack offers and suggest them
If you wish to cancel your account or for us to stop providing you Services, or if we hold personal information about you and you want it to be removed from our database or de-activated, please contact us here.
3. Analytics, Cookies and Other Web Site Technologies
KeepKash continuously improves its websites and Services through the use of various third-party web analytics tools, which help KeepKash understand how its visitors use its websites, desktop tools, and mobile applications, what they like and dislike, and where they may have run into problems which need to be addressed.
Geolocation and Other Data:
We may utilize precise Geolocation data but only if you specifically opt-in to or permit collection of that data in connection with a particular Service. We also use information such as IP addresses to determine the general geographic locations areas of our visitors. The web beacons used in conjunction with these web analytics tools may gather data such as what browser or operating system a person uses, as well as, domain names, MIME types, and what content, products and services are reviewed or downloaded when visiting or registering for Services at one of our websites or using one of our mobile applications.
We use Google Analytics as described in “How Google uses data when you use our partners' sites or apps.” You can prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics on websites by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on here. We also employ IP address masking, a technique used to truncate IP addresses collected by Google Analytics and store them in an abbreviated form to prevent them from being traced back to individual users. Portions of our website may also use Google Analytics for Display Advertisers including DoubleClick or Dynamic Remarketing which provide interest-based ads based on your visit to this or other websites. You can use Ads Settings to manage the Google ads you see and opt-out of interest-based ads.
We use Facebook Pixels to track visitor activity on our website, whenever a site visitor takes an action (called an event) that we want to track (called a conversion), they are reported to our Facebook Analytics tool, where they can be used to measure the effectiveness of our ads, to define audiences, dynamic ad campaigns and analyze the effectiveness of our website conenience funnels
Examples of Cookies We Use:
We use these cookies to operate our websites.
Some cookies are essential for the operation of KeepKash website. If a user chooses to disable these cookies, the user will not be able to access all of the content and features.
We use these cookies to remember your preferences.
These cookies are used to serve you with advertisements that may be relevant to you and your interests.
These cookies are used for general security purposes and user authentication.
We use security cookies to authenticate users, prevent fraudulent use of login credentials, and protect user data from access by unauthorized parties.
We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our mobile software on your mobile device. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any personally identifiable information you submit within the mobile application.
4. Information Sharing
Examples of how we may share information with service providers include:
- Tracking orders and purchase transactions
- Payment processing and fraud prevention
- Providing customer support
- Sending marketing communications
- Conducting research and analysis
- Providing cloud computing infrastructure
Examples of how we may disclose data for legal reasons include:
- As part of a merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company where customer information will be one of the transferred assets.
- As required by law, for example, to comply with a valid subpoena or other legal process; when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, or to protect your safety (or the safety of others); to investigate fraud; or to respond to a government request.
Example of how we may disclose data for tracking orders reasons include:
- As part of tracking commissions, we might transfer your unique customer id or trip id to our afiliate stores to validate a transaction amount or commission percentage
- As part of tracking completed transactins, we might double check with our affiliate stores to validate the date of a purchase or the total sales amount completed by your transaction id or unique trip id
KeepKash may need to communicate with you for a variety of different reasons, including:
- Responding to your questions and requests. If you contact us with a problem or question, we will use your information to respond.
- Sending you important transactional and/or administrative emails and messages about Services that you use. We may contact you to inform you about changes in our Services, our Service offerings, and important Service-related notices, such as billing, security and fraud notices. These emails and messages are considered a necessary part of the Services and you may not opt-out of them.
- Sending emails about KeepKash news or products that we think you’d like to hear about either from us or our business partners, in each case, under a legitimate business interest and/or based upon your request. If you are not interested in receiving these communications, you can always opt out of these types of messages at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each communication or by following the instructions provided.
- Conducting surveys. We may use the information gathered in the surveys to enhance and personalize our products, Services, and websites.
- Offering referral programs and incentives, which allow you to utilize email, text, or URL links that you can share with friends or colleagues.
6. Data Location and Retention
We only retain a limited amount of personal data, under an appropriate and lawful basis, for as long as needed for the business purposes for which they were collected or as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. After that time frame, we delete or anonymize the data according to our data retention policies and/or procedures.
7. Your Rights and Choices
Our customers can always review, update or change personal information from within their account or by contacting us. KeepKash will also, when you request, provide you with information about the types of information we process about you and whether we hold, or process on behalf of a third party, any of your personal information. You may have the right to a copy of your personal information in machine-readable format.
You can also ask about:
- whether and why we have your personal information;
- how we obtained your personal information;
- what we have done with your personal information;
- to whom we have communicated your personal information;
- where your personal information has been stored, processed or transferred;
- how long we will retain your personal information or how that retention period will be determined; and
- the safeguards in place to protect your information when it is transferred to third parties or third countries.
Finally, you can ask us: (a) not to collect or use your personal information for certain purposes; (b) to delete your personal information; or (c) to provide your personal information to a third party.
To make any of these requests, please contact us at https://keepkash.com/en/contact-us which allows you to make a request online or through an email.
We may also collect information on behalf of our customers, to provide the Services, and we may not have a direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data is processed. If you are a customer or end-user of one of our customers, please contact them (as the data controller or legal equivalent) directly with any of these requests.
Depending on which laws apply to your personal information, we may only be able to fulfill some of the above requests for you. If you make a request and we have a justified lawful reason to maintain your information (e.g., legal and audit purposes), we will explain your legal rights, the reason we are maintaining such information and, if applicable, any recourse you may have.
We will respond to your request without undue delay, but in any event within thirty (30) days. We reserve the right to take reasonable steps to verify your identity prior to granting access or processing changes or corrections.
If you wish to no longer receive marketing communications from us, you can opt-out of marketing by clicking on the unsubscribe link on any marketing email you receive.
You may also have the right to complain. If you have a question or complaint, we ask that you please contact us first.
KeepKash follows generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once it is received. Our website and Chrome extension uses HTTPS (secure connection), we use a certificate from a trusted authority to prove the identity of our website to your browser. However, no security measure is perfect. We recommend safeguarding your password, as it is one of the easiest ways you can manage the security of your own account – remember that if you lose control over your password, you may lose control over your personal information.
9. International Data Transfers
To learn more about the locations where KeepKash may process your personal information through its affiliated companies or third-party Sub-processors (when KeepKash acts as a data processor, service provider, and/or the applicable legal equivalent), please contact us here.
10. Changes to this Statement/Contact Us
If you have any other questions about this policy please contact KeepKash Privacy Team, you may contact us here.